This weeks post is a follow up from last weeks makeup hygiene post! Healthy, blemish free skin starts from the inside. What you eat and how much water you drink plays the most important role in the health of your largest organ. After that is proper skin care. Ladies (and gentlemen!) you need to wash your face. Everyday, twice a day, you should have a routine that is tailored for your skin. Today I am going to share with you what I use and the proper steps for using it. There is skin care out there for all skin types and its time to find what works for you!
I use the Sweet Minerals Daily Essentials Skincare and one item from our anti-aging line. I love that I know all these products are free of harsh chemicals, irritating fragrances, and full of nourishing ingredients. We also have a mens line, and an acne prone skin line. Like I said, find what’s best for your skin. If there is interest I can put together a guide for what is best for your skin type, what do you say? Send me a message through my contact section!
- Wash your face. I use my daily essentials cleanser to wash my face morning and night. Warm water plus one small pump of cleanser then lather in circular motions all over the face and neck, then rinse. This product removes excess oil, removes makeup, moisturizes and acts as an anti-inflammatory by stimulating your skin’s healing process.
- Refine. Once a week I use the refine exfoliant to gently remove dead skin cells. I put this on my face like a clay mask and leave on for 5-10 minutes then gently scrub off in circular motions. This will unclog pores, brighten skin, smooth the appearance of fine lines, and help your skin absorb moisturizer better. When you exfoliate regularly this also helps give you a smooth canvas for applying makeup, giving you more even coverage
- Toner. The Refresh toner is such an important step and my reasoning for writing this post. So many woman I’ve talked to do not use a toner. Its so easy! Just spray onto a cotton ball and swipe in an upward motion all over the face. This step closes the pores, adjusts the pH of the skin, and removes any remaining dirt and oil. Yes! After you wash your face there is always still some more to clean up! Don’t forget your toner ladies. Once you start and see the dirt that comes off at this step you will never want to go back.
- Serum. Next I use the Renew glycolic serum. I use a pea sized amount and rub it on my face like I would a lotion. This serum uses gentle fruit and plant acids to exfoliate and stimulate the upper dermal layers for increased cell turnover and collagen renewal. As we age cell turnover decreases and collagen doesn’t form as fast. This step is crucial for repairing damage created by stress, pollution, and UV rays leaving an even skin texture and tone. (serum is only used once a day for sensitive skin)
- Moisturize. Now after my serum I brush my teeth and let the serum soak in for a few minutes. Remember this is my day and night routine. Luckily my moisturizer doubles as makeup primer so after this step I’m ready to jump right into applying my flawless face. Apply all over face and neck. This reduces the appearance of skin imperfections and large pores, helps balance skin and reduce breakouts, and mine is made with all natural ingredients.
Thats it! It’s a lot written down but once you get a routine it takes less than 10 minutes to healthy skin. Now remember this is a guideline of a typical routine but find the products that work for your skin type!!! It’s taken me time to find the perfect products. And I am happy to help you find yours!
Leave a Reply